To my rock and foundation, I thank God that He gave me you. Thank you for providing us with a good home and a solid education. Thank you for always staying by my side no matter what. And even now that we are thousands of miles away from each other, you never really made me feel that you’re unreachable. Thank you for setting me straight when I need it. Thank you for loving my own family unconditionally. I always say, whatever I have and whoever I am today I owe everything to you.
I could never say Thank You enough because I could never repay all the love that you showered me. I want you to know that you are well-loved, because you are truly an extraordinary person.
Honestly, I don’t know how old ( or should I say young? ) you are . I stopped counting. I don’t want you to grow old. If I could beg God to keep you with us forever I would.
I love you Daddy. Happy Birthday! Can’t wait to see you again.
“Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a dad. –Anne Geddes
I initially planned on writing this on my birthday but I was busy spending time with and thanking the people who really matter in my life.
Although I always say age is just but a number, truth is, there is some kind of wisdom in numbers. At 38, I’ve learned a lot of lessons in life. These are applicable to me and reflect my past experiences. These might not work for everyone but if you find it helpful, by all means feel free to grab it.
- Cherish your family and true friends. They will never leave you no matter what.
- Your dreams and aspirations may seem insignificant and trivial to others. Don’t listen to them, move forward. You don’t have to change anything to please others.
- Reanalyze your relationships. Sometimes you’re unaware that you’re reflecting what’s around you ( and you realize most of it is just drama).
- Make your OWN rules.
- You will meet a lot of people as you go along in this life. But you can’t make friends out of everyone.
- Always keep a paper trail. It might just cover your ass in the future.
- Maintain a high moral standard. Do I have to explain that?
- Some people would want you to be just like them. Ask yourself. Do you really want to be like them? Be unique. Be yourself. Be the best version of YOU.
- Read books. Reading makes you smarter. NO JOKE.
- The best way to deal with toxic people, is not to deal with them at all.
- Some questions are best left unanswered. You don’t need answers when you are happily living in the questions.
- Laugh out loud. Try it. It feels good.
- Stop being mean. Stop being a pushover.
- Your mental health is just as vital as your physical health.
- Whoever says you’re ugly and fat is a certified douche bag. Your physical appearance is not your value.